Monday, January 27, 2014

Lighting Unit

Artificial Light (Multiple Sources)

Key Light


Back Light

Reflector


Existing Light

45 Degree Angle


Back

Front

Side

Artificial Light (Single Source)

Butterfly

Loop

Rembrandt

Split

Natural Light

Direct

Shade


Artificial Light (Single Source)

Hard

Soft


Silhouette

Partial

Full




After completing this unit, not only have I learned a multitude of lighting techniques to help me produce more varied and interesting photographs, but I have also learned how to apply photo editing techniques to help enhance the lighting in each picture. 

I think one of the best things I did in this project was my work in photo editing. I enjoyed, and think I executed nicely, the concept of taking an image and enhancing the black/white lighting in each picture without losing the realism each photo contains. If I did this project again, I think I would like to try different backgrounds for the silhouette pictures, and do some different colors and patterns. I'd also like to be a little more creative with the pictures I took as I didn't exactly step outside of the box with the portraits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment