Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dada Finals

Cut Copy and Rearrange

Halftone Screen

Color Blocks

Text Overlay
I really liked the concept of having a lot of personal autonomy with this project but I ended up feeling vaguely uncomfortable with the amount of complicated editing decisions I was required to make. I really enjoy editing but I like more simplistic editing and I felt my projects were not "Dada" enough, so I would do more editing but then I wouldn't like the image nearly as much. My favorite one was the color block because I like playing with color and I liked how simple and easy to make the shapes were. I also liked the simplicity of my cut, copy, and rearrange piece and how much negative space there was to play around with. This project made me realize I enjoy photography and editing more when I have a specific goal to achieve and not so much when I'm just working aimlessly, mainly because my sense of time and deadlines gets messed up, and I never feel satisfied with my work. I really enjoyed many of the Dada art pieces we looked at as a class, but did not enjoy making my own nearly as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment