Friday, October 3, 2014

Elaine Gates Recap

It was very illuminating to have portraiture photographer, Elaine Gates, come talk to us about how to take good portraits. I learned many interesting and important tips for when I pursue my own portrait project. It is very important to take advantage of the lighting you have, whether outdoors or inside. Shade can be good but it's always important to have some bright lighting somewhere in your picture. You should try to emphasize your subject's best and favorite features of their body. When taking pictures always shoot down from a higher angle, rather than shooting up from a lower angle, as it makes the subject look much better. I will make sure to employ all of these tips and tactics when doing my portraiture assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment